Anyone who’s ever dreamed of having their own private sauna in order to using a sauna on a regular basis to build up effective barriers against various stressors has previously needed sufficient space for it. And that space could then no longer be used for other purposes once the sauna was installed.
Until now. Because the designers from KLAFS, the market leader in the sauna, pool and spa sector and a driving force in the industry, have now developed a whole new, radically different sauna design: the S1, the sauna of the future.
The key highlight of this sauna is its minimal space requirements. In its fully retracted position the S1 is a mere 60 centimeters deep, just like the average closet. Yet the S1 is a really stylish, highquality, beautifully designed sauna down to the last detail and with room for the whole family.
By pressing a button on the new, extremely compact and slim controls on the front panel, the S1 extends into a ready-to-use sauna in just 20 seconds and is nearly three times as deep. That’s because it consists of three elements which can be completely fitted into each other. And all that synchronously, thanks to the patent-pending eMove technology. The flexible connection technology between the individual elements also ensures that the S1 easily overcomes any small irregularities in the floor and can put a wide variety of floor coverings to the test with its unique skills.
The reclining bench of the S1 can be easily pulled forward by ten centimeters after the cabin has been extended and thus offers an additional plus in comfort. On request, the S1 is also available with a folding bench for lying comfortably in pairs – the reclining space can be doubled very quickly by simply unfolding.
The new KLAFS S1 is also designed as a completely self-contained, mobile system. In this way, your guest bedroom, workroom or living room stays just the way it was wherever the sauna is located. And the sauna can be moved just like a closet if you move out.
The frame stability construction is also brand new in an extremely robust wood sandwich wall construction, which is 40 percent lighter than that of a conventional sauna. Nevertheless, this design does everything effortlessly, as extensive testing has demonstrated, even high temperatures and humidity. The sauna air is just as pleasant as in the previous designs too.
And this is ensured by the generously sized air channel system too, which is integrated in the back wall as standard. This guarantees optimal heat circulation and a healthy thermal environment in the sauna. A system which supports the healthy effects of using your sauna on a regular basis: It increases your cardiovascular fitness, strengthens your immune system and improves the capacity of the human body to adapt to different temperatures.
Not only when it comes to health, but also when it comes to design variety, the sauna of the future blends in with the KLAFS tradition. Because the S1 is available in three sizes (small, medium and large), with five different exterior trims (white, white satin, Swiss pine, walnut and oak) and four different front panels (fully glazed with clear safety glass, fully glazed with bronze safety glass or fully glazed with mirrored safety glass, closed with a side window). For the interior trims we offer naturally grown, knot-free eastern hemlock or waxed walnut wood as well as the wood of the lively patterned Swiss pine on request. Swiss pine is rumored to have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. The side panels, front and ceiling are all equipped with the same surfaces and are available on request with side windows. This gives the sauna S1 an all-round harmonious appearance – no matter what combination customers choose.
Truly a revolution for the sauna market, which also excites the experts: To this day the sauna of the future has received seven major awards, for example at the German Design Award, at the iF DESIGN AWARD or at the Red Dot Design Award.
The main highlights of the KLAFS S1 at a glance
– The world’s first sauna that retracts at your fingertips – just like the zoom lens on a camera (only 60 centimeters deep in the fully retracted state!).
– Fully enclosed, mobile system.
– Three sizes to choose from: SMALL (width: 172 x depth: 160 x height: 211 cm), MEDIUM (width: 202 x depth: 160 x height: 211 cm) and LARGE (width: 232 x depth: 160 x height: 211 cm). Small version with a connection for standard mains sockets. – The synchronous eMove technology extends the S1 at the touch of a button into a readytouse sauna nearly three times as deep in just 20 seconds.
– Extremely robust wood sandwich wall construction with the frame stability construction: 40 percent lighter than conventional wall constructions.
– New, extremely compact yet powerful VARIUS heater with elegant flock finish (safety guard is unnecessary).
– Thanks to the Drive Home System which was specially developed for the S1, the heater automatically moves out of its “garage” under the bench when the sauna is opening. – Intelligent safety concept eMove Safety Control (MSC): Safety sensor stops the cabin when something gets in the way. Cabin only retracts and extends when the buttons are pressed continuously. Cabin can be only be retracted after the heater has cooled down (temperature sensor on the heater). Heater can only be started once the cabin is fully extended. Controls can be secured via password.
– New sauna control ML 028: extremely compact and slim design, color display and five soft keys, 24-hour preselection for automatically heating up the sauna to the previously set time, high-quality triac power supply for silent operation and extreme durability, password protection.
The main options for the KLAFS S1
– SANARIUM® for five types of bathing in a sauna (classic sauna, hot-air bath, tropical bath, aroma bath and soft steam bath).
– Exhaust-air module SCC: up to 30 percent less energy consumption, supply and air purification, dehumidification.
– New sauna control ML 033: extremely compact and slim design, color touch screen, intuitive menu navigation, optional Wi-Fi interface for controlling the KLAFS S1 remotely on the KLAFS sauna app, high-quality triac power supply for silent operation and extreme durability, password protection.
– Colored light BELLASENSA with preset color lighting scenarios and the option of individual light programs (flush with the ceiling).
– RelaxAudio system: the rear wall of the sauna acts as a loudspeaker membrane, music can be simply transferred via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet.
– Folding bench to double the reclining surface.